How to edit DNS records via ClientZone
You can edit your domain DNS records in ClientZone.
- Log into ClientZone.
- Click on the ‘Hosting’ tab.
- Select the domain you want to edit.
- Now click on the ‘Hosting Settings’ button.
- Select ‘DNS Editor’.
Once in the DNS Editor, you’ll now be able to see all the current DNS records for your selected domain.
- To make changes to these settings, scroll to the DNS setting you want to change and select the ‘pencil’ edit checkbox, under the Actions section on the right-hand side.
- Make your edits to the record settings.
- Once done, click ‘Update’.
- To create a new record, select ‘create new record’ on the top left.
- Select the type of record you want to create.
- Now, add in the DSN details under ‘content’ and set up a TTL. The standard TTL is 7200.
- Click on the ‘Create’ button to proceed.
If you scroll down you will now be able to see the new DNS record you have created.
- How to edit DNS records via ClientZone