How to move your DSL to a new address
Afrihost does not offer a relocation process, as this is handled by Telkom and there are many complications if the number changes or you are not able to get DSL ports in your new location.
We do however offer a relocate option in the cancellation process. The difference with this option is that we allow you to specify a custom date that your line should be migrated back to Telkom, so that you do not have to wait until month end for this to be processed and can coincide with your move. Thereafter you must liaise with Telkom directly to have the line ported and a new (or existing) number assigned.
Follow the steps below to move the line back to Telkom so that they can relocate your telephone and DSL line.
- Log into ClientZone.
- Click on the Connectivity tab.
- Select the DSL line you want to move back to Telkom for the relocate.
- Click on the Cancel Service button.
- Under the ‘Action’ dropdown menu, select Move ADSL Line Back to Telkom.
- Complete the rest of the form and click on Cancel ADSL Line to confirm.
After this we will process the order to move your line back to Telkom and once complete you will receive a notification that the order is complete. Once Telkom has relocated your line, you need to either sign up if the line number has changed or contact us to re-activate if you still have the same number.