How to RICA your SIM card
You will need the following RICA documents ready for when the courier arrives. An email reminder outlining the RICA documents will also be sent to you.
- Bank Statement or Municipal Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Cellphone or Retail Account (not older than 3 months)
- Any document that is issued on a monthly basis, that is not older than 90 days, containing one’s residential address and name.
- South African ZA Green Barcoded ID book or Smart Card + a copy.
- South African ZA Passport + a copy.
- Foreign passport + a copy (including any supporting documents).
For any lost documents, like IDs, we will require an affidavit and a temporary replacement.
You will need to produce the original documents, as well as copies for our courier to take. The copies do not need to be certified as the courier will compare them to the originals in your presence.