How to sign up for Wireless Pure 5G
Pure 5G is Afrihost’s own Fixed 5G offering and runs on the MTN network. Pure 5G offers a more expansive network coverage as an affordable alternative to Fibre and DSL.
- Open an internet browser and navigate to afrihost.com
- Select the Wireless tab on the menu and then select ‘5G’.
- Click on 'view 5G packages'.
- Enter the street address where the device will be used and select the correct address from the dropdown list.
- Confirm the address entered is correct and select ‘Next’.
- If you do not have coverage, you will be presented with an Interest Form. Fill in your details and we will let you know when Pure 5G Internet is available in your area.
- If you do have coverage, you will be presented with the available 5G packages. Select a package of your choice and click ‘Next’.
- You will be redirected to the Afrihost Order Form.
- Confirm your data package selection is correct and click ‘Next Step’.
- On the RICA Contacts page, select ‘New Contact’ if you don’t have existing RICA contact details or select the existing contact details if you have any existing contact saved.
- You will be asked if you require a 5G router.
- If you do need a 5G router select ‘Yes, I need a router’.
- If you do not need a 5G router select ‘No, I have my own router’.
- For a Pure 5G SIM only package, select ‘No, I have my own router’ and follow the prompts to complete your order.
- Select the router offered with your sign up and click the ‘Next’ button.
- You will be asked to enter the devices configuration details. Enter the desired network details and click ‘Add Details’.
- Confirm the items in your shopping cart are correct and click ‘Checkout’.
- Before completing the order, you may be asked to either log into your ClientZone account (for existing clients) or sign up for a ClientZone account if you are a new Afrihost client.
- Follow the prompts to complete your order. Select your preferred delivery option and fill-in the required details.
- Select your preferred payment option, or add new banking details.
- To complete your order, check the boxes to accept the debit order agreement and agree to Afrihost Terms & Conditions.
- Click ‘Complete My Order’.
- You will see a page confirming that the order has been placed successfully.
Once you have received your device, switch the router on for the SIM to activate. The sim card will have been pre-inserted into the device. Activation can take up to 48 hours but in most cases, it activates within 30 minutes.
If your router is preconfigured by Afrihost, there will be no need for any setup. However, if you are using your own router, you will need to change the APN to the Afrihost Pure 5G one.
We have a simple step-by-step guide on How to configure the APN on your ZTE 5G device article to help you easily set up the APN on your device.