Follow the steps below to set up your VDSL connection.
- Open your internet browser.
- Log into the router. Go to the IP address of your router for example http://192.168.0.1
- Set up your connection using the settings below.
Router settings for a VDSL connection
- Channel Mode: PTM (not ATM as with ADSL).
- Channel Mode: PPPoE.
- Enable NAPT: Enabled by default.
- Enable Firewall: Enabled by default.
- 802.1q: Enable (Disabled by default).
- VLAN ID: 835.
- IP Protocol: IPv4.
- Your VDSL username/password: as provided by Afrihost (you should have received these via mail, or you can access them through the client zone) this will be a email@example.com.
- Save the settings and restart your router. There should be an option under the settings to restart/reboot without having to use the power button.