Follow the steps below to set up your router.
- Open your internet browser
- Log into the router. Go to the IP address of your router for example http://192.168.0.1
- Set up your connection using the settings below.
Router settings for an ADSL connection
- Port: 0.
- VPI: Virtual Path Identifier. Should be set to 8.
- VCI: Virtual Channel Identifier. Should be set to 35.
- Service Type: PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE).
- Encapsulation type: LLC.
- Authentication type: Auto.
- Your DNS settings must be set to automatic/dynamic (some routers have the 0.0.0.0 which also means dynamic/automatic).
- Your DSL username/password: as provided by Afrihost (you should have received these via mail, or you can access them through the client zone) this will be a firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the settings and restart your router. There should be an option under the settings to restart/reboot without having to use the power button.