- Capped data has a set data amount per month and is determined by the package signed up.
- Once allocated data is depleted, a data top up is required to regain a connection.
- Our intention is not to shape Capped Data packages, however, shaping can be applied during times of network congestion.
- Capped top ups can be expensive as it is billed per GB.
- Afrihost allows up to 5 concurrent connections for 5 different locations under one account.
- Capped Data will give you higher speeds and less bandwidth.
Capped data is not available on Afrihost Fibre products, ADSL only.
- Unlimited data per month, no worrying about the amount of data used.
- No data top ups required.
- Some Uncapped packages may be subjected to shaping and throttling according to Afrihost’s Acceptable Usage Policy. Please note, however, that Pure Fibre packages are uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled - There are no usage thresholds so you can use as much data as you like, whenever you like. No throttling or shaping will be applied.
- Limited to 1 DSL line and concurrent connections are not permitted.
- Uncapped Data will give you more bandwidth and less speed. (Subject to package option)
Generally, uncapped accounts run off a higher ‘contention ratio’ than capped accounts. This means that generally more users are allocated to share a certain amount of bandwidth in Uncapped than in Capped.