How to tether or turn your Android device into a mobile hotspot
You can turn your smartphone into a Wi-Fi hotspot which uses your phone’s mobile data to connect other devices such as a phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing your connection like this is called tethering or using a hotspot.
Ensure that the Hotspot APN is set to afrihost before tuning on the hotspot.
Afrihost APN. Please read our article for more information on Afrihost Mobile Data Settings (APN) for your device.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on the device.
- Select ‘Connections’ for network & internet settings.
- Scroll and select ‘Mobile Hotspot and Tethering’.
- Tap on ‘Mobile Hotspot’ to turn it on.
- This page shows the details of how to connect to the Hotspot. These details can be customised.
Please note. Bandwidth and Data will be shared amongst the connected devices.