How to tether or turn your Apple device into a mobile hotspot
You can turn your smart device into a Wi-Fi hotspot which uses your phone’s mobile data to connect other devices such as a phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing your connection like this is called tethering or using a hotspot.
Ensure that the Hotspot APN is set to afrihost before tuning on the hotspot.
Afrihost APN. Please read our article for more information on Afrihost Mobile Data Settings (APN) for your device.
- Open the ‘Settings’ application from the home screen.
- Select ‘Mobile Data’ under settings.
- Select ‘Mobile Data’ again.
- Scroll to the bottom and make sure the Afrihost APN is set under personal hotspot APN.
- Select back and return to settings page.
- Select ‘Personal Hotspot’.
- Turn on the hotspot by selecting ‘Allow others to join’.
- Set the Wi-Fi password to a secure password of your choice.
Now other devices can search for the Wi-Fi hotspot connection and connect using the set password.
Please Note. Bandwidth and Data will be shared amongst the connected devices.