How to create an FTP account in CWP
What is FTP? FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.
File Transfer Protocol is a standard network protocol used for the transfer of computer files between a client and a server on a computer network.
- An FTP client (software) can be used to log into a server and access and edit files as desired.
- FTP client can also be used to upload files, e.g. website.
- FTP login information can be accessed/retrieved in ClientZone.
Follow the steps below to create an FTP account.
- Log Into CWP via ClientZone.
- Select the ‘Hosting’ tab.
- Under the Shared Hosting select your domain.
- Click on the ‘Website Manager’, then ‘Login to Website Manager’.
- Once in CWP select ‘File Management’ from the menu on the left-hand side
- Then from the drop-down select ‘FTP Accounts’.
- Select the blue button ‘Create FTP Account’.
- Add in the settings:
- Select ‘Create FTP Account’.
Your new details will be added to the FTP Accounts list.
How to access a server via using FTP client:
There are various free FTP clients to choose from, such as FileZilla and Cyberduck.
- Download the mail client.
Server name = Domain name
Username and Password
- Port 21.
Once authorised you will have full access to your hosted domain folders.
FTP To have your shared hosting access details sent to you. Read here to see How to send hosting passwords to your mailbox.