How to transfer an existing domain away from Afrihost
Note. These are instructions to transfer an existing domain AWAY from Afrihost to an external host.
The below requirements must be met before the transfer out will be granted:
- No outstanding account payments.
- Domain renewal not outstanding.
- The domain must be cancelled via ClientZone.
- The transfer must be initiated by the client via ClientZone.
- Transfer ticket will be sent to the new host, Afrihost is not liable thereafter for any delays or processing (Transfer ticket will be sent to the registrar email).
How to transfer away an existing domain hosted with Afrihost
Follow the steps below to transfer an existing domain:
- Log Into ClientZone.
- Select the ‘Hosting’ tab.
- Select your domain name on the right-hand side.
- Select ‘Edit Package’.
- Under Cancel Service section on the right-hand side, select the appropriate response for all the drop-down sections, from the Domain Options dropdown menu select ‘Transfer to new host’.
- Enter the ‘New Site Host’ name.
- Click ‘Cancel this Service’
Contact your new host to accept the transfer request.
Caution. Ensure that you have backed up your website/ domain and mailbox content.
Afrihost will not be liable for loss of data.
Delays may occur if there are any discrepancies with your account.