How to transfer an existing domain away from Afrihost
Note. These are instructions to transfer an existing domain AWAY from Afrihost to an external host.
The below requirements must be met before the transfer out will be granted:
- No outstanding account payments.
- Domain renewal not outstanding.
- The domain must be cancelled via ClientZone.
- The transfer must be initiated by the client in ClientZone to get the domain transfer ready.
- If the domain is on a local TLD (i.e. co.za, org.za, etc) the domain will be transfer ready.
- If the domain is on a gTLD (i.e .com, .org, .net, etc) a request is to be sent to the Afrihost hosting department for the domain to be unlocked and an authorisation key will be sent to you.
- Transfer ticket will be sent to you by the new host after signing up, Afrihost is not liable thereafter for any delays or processing (Transfer ticket will be sent to the registrar email).
How to transfer away an existing domain hosted with Afrihost
Follow the steps below to transfer an existing domain:
- Log Into ClientZone.
- Select the ‘Hosting’ tab.
- Select your domain name on the right-hand side.
- Select ‘Edit Package’.
- Under Cancel Service section on the right-hand side, select the appropriate response for all the drop-down sections, from the Domain Options dropdown menu select ‘Transfer to new host’.
- Enter the ‘New Site Host’ name.
- Click ‘Cancel this Service’.
While the domain cancellation is pending, contact your new host to sign up the domain and to accept the transfer request.
Your new host will send a transfer request to you at the registrant email. Afrihost will have registered the primary email as the registrant email.
You may then accept the transfer and the domain will move over.
Caution. Ensure that you have backed up your website/ domain and mailbox content.
Afrihost will not be liable for loss of data.
Delays may occur if there are any discrepancies with your account.