Follow the steps below to set up your Afrihost-hosted email address in Microsoft Outlook.
Open account settings in Outlook
- Open Outlook.
- At the top of your window, click on ‘File’.
- On the left hand side click on the Account Settings dropdown and select Account Settings.
- Click on ‘New’ in the Account Settings window.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘Pop or IMAP’ and click ‘Next’.
Enter your mail details
- Enter your name and the email address you wish to set up under User Information.
- Select your preferred Account Type - either POP3 or IMAP.
- Enter your incoming mail server. This will always be mail.yourdomainname.co.za
- The outgoing mail server will be exactly the same as your incoming mail server.
- The username should be your full email address.
- Enter your password and ensure that the remember password box is ticked.
- Now click on ‘More Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab and make sure the ‘My outgoing server requires authentication’ box is ticked.
- Now click on the Advanced tab and make sure that the incoming server port is set to 143 and the outgoing server port is set to 587.
- Once done, click on ‘OK’ and then on ‘Next’.
- Outlook will now test your settings. Once the test is complete, click on ‘Close’ and then ‘Finish’ to start using your mail.