You may have received an email with the following warning:
‘Warning: This account has reached the maximum disk usage quota’.
This could mean one of two things:
- You have exceeded the disk quota usage that has been assigned to your CWP account.
- You have exceeded the file storage limit for your email account.
The most common is email file usage limit exceeded and it may appear as if emails have disappeared.
File limits are placed on shared and reseller hosting accounts to keep our systems up and running optimally. Hosting a large number of files on a shared web server can cause issues for the server’s file system and adversely affect the performance of the backup system when it comes to both backing up and restoring data.
How to view your current usage in CWP.
- Go to ClientZone.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Select the ‘Hosting’ tab.
- Under the Shared Hosting section, select the domain you want to view.
- Select ‘Website Manager’.
- Click ‘Log into Website Manager’.
- In the menu on the left-hand side, under ‘Disk Space Usage’ will find an overview of your disk usage information.
Note: Access File manager to delete files as desired, access your emails to reduce the mailbox size by deleting unwanted emails.