How to activate your Openserve Fibre connection
Once your line has been installed and fibre router connected can you activate your fibre connection.
Connect your Wi-Fi router to the ONT
You have to connect your Fibre-ready Wi-Fi router to the ONT using an Ethernet cable. The cable has to be connected on LAN1 of the ONT provided and the INTERNET port on the Afrihost-supplied router. If using your own Wi-Fi router, the port may be labelled WAN - if not INTERNET.
Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi router
Once the router has been connected to the ONT, connect a computer - preferably by Ethernet cable as well - to the router.
Connect to your D-Link 825 router:
- Open your internet browser and enter http://192.168.0.1
- Click ‘Start’ to begin the setup process.
- Select ‘Yes’ to proceed in English.
- Click ‘Continue’ to continue the setup with the Wizard.
- Under the Connection Mode drop down, select ‘Wired connection’, even if you are connected via Wi-Fi.
- Under the Work Mode drop down, leave on ‘Router’ and click Next.
- Under Connection type drop down select ‘PPPoE’ and type in your username and password. Once done, click ‘Next’.
Where do I get my PPPoE username and password?
- Log into ClientZone.
- Click on the ‘Connectivity’ tab.
- Select your relevant Fibre package in the right-hand side.
- Click on the ‘View Product’ button.
- Your username is displayed at the top of the panel, below your package.
- To get your password, click on the ‘Access Details’ button.
- Click ‘Reset Password’.
- In the success pop-up window, copy your newly generated password, save it and click ‘Okay’.
Wi-Fi Frequencies. Before we proceed, please understand the WI-FI frequencies. 2.4 GHz uses longer waves while 5 GHz uses short waves. This makes transmission of data faster on 5GHz than it is on 2.4 GHz. However, shorter waves find it difficult to penetrate walls, thus shortening the range of the 5 GHz band.
- Set up the Network Name and create a new Wi-Fi password for the 2.4 GHz Wireless Network. Click ‘Next’.
- Now set up the Network Name and create a new Wi-Fi password for the 5 GHz Wireless network. Click ‘Next’.
- Afrihost does not provide IPTV, click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Afrihost does not provide VoIP, click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- If you are logging into the router for the first time or after resetting it to factory settings, you will be asked to change your router login password. Once done, click ‘Next’.
- Please note the summary of your router settings and click ‘Apply’ to save your settings.
Please give it an hour for your connectivity package to activate after saving these settings and you will be good to go.