How to relocate your Fibre line to a new address
If you are moving home, you can conveniently relocate your Fibre services in ClientZone.
Afrihost will cancel your current Fibre services on the date of your choosing and and schedule installation at their new premises to happen as close as possible to that date.
If your new place already has fibre, you can easily migrate your line over to the new premises.
How to relocate your Fibre line
- Log into ClientZone.
- Select the ‘Connectivity’ tab.
- Select the Fibre product that you wish to relocate from the options on the right-hand side.
- Click on the ‘Relocate Fibre’ button.
- Click on ‘Relocate My Fibre’ to start the relocation process.
You will be required to check the fibre availability at the new address.
- Enter the new address and click ’Check Fibre Availability’.
- If Fibre is available at the new premises, you will be required to supply the new installation details.
- If Fibre is not available, you will be able to submit your details and we will notify you once Fibre becomes available at the new address.
No Fibre Available? If you have no fibre coverage in your area, consider getting LTE. Check if you have LTE availability in your area.
- If Fibre is available, please provide the Line Location and Installation details.
- Under Order Type, please specify if it is a ‘New Installation’ or ‘Migrating Fibre line’.
New Installation - There is no fibre line infrastructure installed at the premises.
Migrate my existing fibre line - There is a line installed and your line needs to be migrated over.
- If there is more than one provider in the area you can select the provider and package of your choice.
- Click ‘Confirm Package’ to continue.
- If the same Fibre provider is available at your new premises, we’ll suggest the same package that you are currently on.
- If another Fibre provider is available, we’ll suggest a package that is similarly priced.
- If you’re happy with the suggested package, click on ‘Keep Package’ to continue.
- If you want to choose another package, click on ‘Change Package’.
- Select the date from the drop-down menu, when you would like your CURRENT Fibre line to be cancelled. This can either be at the end of the current month or at the end of the following month.
- Installation of the new Fibre line will be submitted as close as possible to the selected date. Please note, however, that installation lead times at the new premises are dependent on the Fibre provider, not Afrihost.
Lead Times. If you would like to know How long will it take to get connected?, please read our Help Centre article.
- Click on ‘Complete Relocation’ to finalise the relocation.
CANCELLATION & BILLING RUN
Our normal cancellation rules apply for relocations as well. This means that if you want to schedule the cancellation for the end of the month, you need to do it BEFORE billing run starts on the 15th of the month.
We will still allow you to submit a relocation during billing run, but you will NOT be able to schedule a cancellation for the current month. You’ll only be able to schedule a cancellation for the following two months.
For example, if you submit a relocation on 27 November, you will only be given the option to cancel your current line at the end of next month (31 December) or the end of January. This then also means that the installation at the new premises will only happen in line with the cancellation date (so either end December or end January).
Cancellation Policy. If you would like to know more about our Fibre cancellation policy, please read our Help Centre article for more details.