How to set up your Fibre router
Please follow the steps below to set up your Fibre router.
Once the CPE box is installed in your home:
- Connect the ethernet cable from LAN Port 1 on the CPE/ONT device (the device that has been mounted on the wall) into the WAN/Internet port on your Afrihost fibre router. Ensure CPE is powered up and lights are showing on the device.
- Then connect a LAN/ Ethernet cable from a WAN port on your fibre router to your computer OR connect wirelessly to the routers network (the 2.5 GHz or 5 GHz one) and the password will be written on a sticker underneath it.
- The ethernet ‘LINK’ light must show on the CPE and the WAN port of your router. If the link light is present, it means that your fibre router is powered up correctly.
- You will then be able to connect to the internet at 10Mbps for 2 hours in order to activate your fibre account.
Activate your Fibre account
Once connected to the CPE you need to activate your account.
Activate your Fibre. Read our How to activate your Fibre article for instructions.
Once activated, do the following to set up your router:
- Open your preferred internet browser. Enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and press enter.
- You will be taken to a login screen.
For the username enter ‘admin’
Leave the password field empty.
- Click ‘Login’.
- Now click ‘Internet’ and then ‘Internet Connection Setup Wizard’.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Set your preferred password and click ‘Next’.
This will be your password to log into your router’s menu.
- Set the Timezone as ‘GMT : 02:00 Harare, Pretoria’ and click ‘Next’.
- Choose ‘Username / Password Connection (PPPoE)’ and click ‘Next’.
- Enter your Afrihost ClientZone login details below.
Username: Your ClientZone email address
Password: Your ClientZone password
- Finally click on the ‘Connect’ button. You should be online in about 2 hours.
If you wish to change your wireless network settings please follow the steps below:
- On the router’s main page click ‘Wireless Settings’.
- Select ‘Wireless Connection Setup’.
- Under the Network Name (SSID) change the name(s) to whatever you want it to be.
- Make sure you choose ‘Manually Assign a Network Key’ and click ‘Next’.
- Choose a password for your network under ‘Wireless Security Password’ and click ‘Next’.
- You will be taken to a summary page, click ‘Save’ to confirm your changes.
The settings will take a short while to save and then you will be connected.