No Fibre internet access
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot your internet connection.
- Disconnect the CPE/ONT’s power supply.
- Wait about 10 - 20 minutes for the ONT’s internal cache to clear.
- Reconnect the CPE/ONT’s to the power supply.
What are the possible causes of Fibre issues?
- A Fibre optic cable can bend, twist, or wind.
- The cable may be stretched which will damage the cable.
- The cable connectors may not be fitted properly.
- Some problems may not be immediately evident to the naked eye especially when the Fibre cable is damaged internally.
- If the lights on the CPE/ONT are not on, there could be a problem with the device or link.
- You may be connected to a faulty port.
What is an ONT or CPE? ONT stands for Optical Network Terminal. CPE stands for Customer Premises Equipment and they perform the same function. The ONT / CPE device is usually placed on a wall at the premises when fibre is installed.
It connects to the termination point (TP) via an optical cable which will connect you to the fibre network, and it connects to your fibre router via a LAN / Ethernet cable.
Slow Speeds? If you experiencing slow speeds, please read our Slow Fibre speeds article for some troubleshooting tips.
Still Need Help? If you require further assistance please see the various Afrihost Help Support Channels available to you.