Pure LTE (MTN) is Afrihost’s own Fixed LTE offering and it runs on the MTN Network. Partnering with MTN means that we can now offer more expansive network coverage and it is an affordable alternative to Fibre and DSL. All Pure LTE (MTN) packages include Anytime and Night Time data.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I migrate from my current LTE package over to Pure LTE?
Unfortunately not, existing Afrihost LTE clients will need to cancel their existing packages and sign up for a Pure LTE package via ClientZone. Cancellation policy applies.
- How long does it take for my package to activate?
LTE SIMs can take up to 24 hours to activate after delivery.
- Can I migrate from Fibre to Pure LTE?
Pure LTE and Fibre are different products. You can sign up for Pure LTE and keep your Fibre connection. Or, alternatively, you can cancel your Fibre package after you’ve signed up for a Pure LTE package.
- Why do I need to provide my address where the device will be used?
It is important to give us the correct address where the product will be used, as the LTE-A SIM card will be locked to the location they specified during sign up.
- What happens to my LTE device and Pure LTE (MTN) SIM when I move address?
If you move to another location, you will need to contact our Support team to request MTN to assign the SIM card to the new location as the service is locked to a single tower in the area.
- What is the cancellation policy for the Pure LTE packages?
Our normal Cancellation Policy applies to the Pure LTE packages.
SIM + Device - Should you cancel your SIM + Device package in less than 6 months from signup date, or your account falls into arrears, you will automatically be charged a cancellation fee of R999.
SIM Only - The cancellation fee does NOT apply to SIM Only packages. These packages can be cancelled at any time before the 15th of the month.
- What if I already have an LTE device? Can I sign up for a SIM only package?
Yes, a SIM only Pure LTE (MTN) option is available. Ensure you have a compatible device.
- What is the difference between Anytime data and Night Time data?
Anytime data can be used anytime of the day. Night time data is valid from specified times.
Pure LTE (MTN) Night Time data is valid from 12am to 6am.
- When is Night Time Pure LTE (MTN) data valid?
Night Time data is only valid from 00:00 (midnight) to 06:00 daily.
- Does Pure LTE data roll over?
Anytime and Night Time data will roll over for 30 days.
- How long is Top up data for Pure LTE valid for?
All Pure LTE (MTN) top ups include Anytime data. Anytime top up data expires 30 days from purchase.
- Can I use my own device with Pure LTE?
Only approved CAT6 devices will work with Pure LTE (MTN) SIM Only packages on the MTN LTE-A Network.
This range of devices includes:
- Huawei B525
- Huawei B612
- Huawei B618
- ZTE MF286
- Please note that Pure LTE (MTN) will only work on the above approved devices. If you insert your SIM card into a device that has not been approved by MTN (for example a Huawei B311 or Huawei B315) the SIM card will be blocked, and you will lose internet access. You will then need to contact our Support team to get the SIM card unblocked.
- Do I need to set up my LTE device?
With a SIM + Device package, we will preconfigure the LTE device that is shipped with your SIM card - so you do not need to change any APN settings.
If you are using a new LTE SIM card with your own device, please visit see our Set Up Guide for instructions on how to get connected.