How to secure your Wi-Fi network
Follow the tips below to protect your network from unauthorised access.
- Create a unique password for your router. (Change the default password from admin)
- Change your network name (SSID).
- Enable network encryption (There are several encryption methods including WEP, WPA, WPA2).
- Upgrade your router’s firmware.
- Enable the router’s firewall feature.
- Disable the WPS feature.
Change your router's SSID & password. You can read our helpful How to change your router's Wi-Fi password article with instructions to help you create your unique and strong router password.
Update your router’s firmware. You can read our helpful How to update your D-Link router’s firmware article with instructions to help you create your unique and strong router password.