How to change DNS settings on Windows
Follow the steps below to change your DNS settings on Windows.
- To get started right click on the network option at the bottom right of your screen and then select ‘Open Network and Sharing Centre’.
- Once the Network and Sharing Centre window opens, go to the left and select Change Adapter settings.
- You will now see either your local area connection or your wireless connection.
- Right click on the relevant connection and select ‘Properties’.
- In the Properties pop up screen select Internet Protocol v4 and click Properties.
- Here you’ll see your DNS settings. By default, it should always be set on ‘Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically’.
- For this article, we’ll be showing you how to input your server settings manually. To do this, select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’. You’ll now see that you are able to edit the DNS server settings.
- In the first box enter 8 8 8 8.
- In the next box enter 8 8 4 4.
- Click ‘Ok’ to save your settings.
Close your windows and open up your browser to test your connection. Enter a website, for example, Afrihost.com and make sure the site loads with no errors.