How to disable SIP ALG on your WiFi router
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) ALG (Application Layer Gateway) is a feature that is enabled by default on your router. It inspects VoIP traffic as it passes through and modifies the messages on-the-fly. Although this feature is useful, it can cause problems such as registering your handset, one-way or no audio, and being unable to receive calls. If you experience any of these issues on your VoIP services, you can disable the SIP ALG feature on your LTE device.
- TP-Link Archer MR600 WiFi router.
- ZTE MF286c WiFi router.
- Select ‘NAT Forwarding’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Below select ‘ALG’.
- Uncheck the ‘SIP ALG’ block to disable it.
- Click on ‘Save’.
The changes take effect immediately.
- Connect to your ZTE router directly via LAN cable or WiFi.
- Open your internet browser.
- Enter 192.168.0.1 into the search bar and hit enter to search.
- Login to the router.
- In the router home interface, scroll down and select ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Click on ‘Others’.
- Select ‘SIP ALG’.
- Select ‘Disable’.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button.
The changes will take effect immediately.