How to reset the Yealink VoIP phone
The default password to log into the Yealink Phone is ‘admin’ which is not secure, it is recommended to change the password to something more secure.
You may also have a need to reset the whole phone should your experience any software error with the phone or forget your password.
Ensure your computer is connected to the same network as your Yealink Phone.
- Press the ‘OK’ button on the phone to view the phones IP address.
- Open your Internet browser.
- Navigate to the IP address of the Yealink phone in your browser, and then press ‘Enter’ to search.
- Enter the username (default: admin) and password (default: admin) on the login page and click ‘Login’.
- From the home page, select the ‘Security’ tab from the menu at the top.
- Enter your old password.
- Enter your new password and confirm the new password.
- Click ‘Confirm’ to save the new password.
- When the new password is saved a screen will appear notifying you of the password change.
Hard resetting the device will set it back to the default factory settings and will require reconfiguration of the device.
- Press and hold the ‘OK’ key on the phone for 10 seconds.
- This will ask if you wish to ‘Reset to factory settings?’. Select the ‘OK’ button if you are sure you want to reset the device.
- Wait while the device resets. The unit will restore to the default factory settings.
If you would like to know How to Setup Yealink SIP-T40G VoIP Phone, read our Help Centre article for assistance.