How to transfer an existing domain away from Afrihost
These are instructions to transfer an existing domain AWAY from Afrihost to an external host.
- No outstanding account payments.
- Domain renewal is not outstanding.
- The domain is more than 60 days old.
- The domain was not transferred between registrars within the last 60 days.
- The domain must be canceled via ClientZone.
- The transfer must be initiated by the client in ClientZone to get the domain transfer ready.
- If the domain is on a local TLD (i.e. co.za, org.za, etc) the domain will be transfer ready.
- If the domain is on a gTLD (i.e .com, .org, .net, etc) a request is to be sent to the Afrihost hosting department for the domain to be unlocked and an authorisation key will be sent to you.
- Transfer ticket will be sent to you by the new host after signing up, Afrihost is not liable thereafter for any delays or processing (Transfer ticket will be sent to the registrar email).
Follow the steps below to transfer an existing domain:
- Log Into ClientZonClientZone.
- Select the ‘Hosting’ tab.
- Select your domain name on the right-hand side.
- Select ‘Edit Package’.
- Under Cancel Service section on the right-hand side, select the appropriate response for all the drop-down sections, from the Domain Options dropdown menu select ‘Transfer to new host’.
- Enter the ‘New Site Host’ name.
- Click ‘Cancel this Service’.
Ensure that you have backed up your website/ domain and mailbox content.
Afrihost will not be liable for loss of data.
Delays may occur if there are any discrepancies with your account.