How to create an FTP account in CWP
File Transfer Protocol is a standard network protocol used for the transfer of computer files between a client and a server on a computer network.
- An FTP client (software) can be used to log into a server and access and edit files as desired.
- FTP client can also be used to upload files, e.g. website.
- FTP login information can be accessed/retrieved in ClientZone.
- Log Into CWP via ClientZone.
- Select the ‘Hosting’ tab.
- Under the Shared Hosting select your domain.
- Click on the ‘Website Manager’, then ‘Login to Website Manager’.
- Once in CWP select ‘File Management’ from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Then from the drop-down select ‘FTP Accounts’.
- Select the blue button ‘Create FTP Account’.
- Add in the settings:
- Select ‘Save’.
Your new details will be added to the FTP Accounts list.
There are various free FTP clients to choose from, such as FileZilla and Cyberduck.
- Download the mail client.
Server name = Domain name
Username and Password
- Port 21.
Once authorised you will have full access to your hosted domain folders.
The login details were sent in the FTP documentation on registration.
Follow these instructions if you need to reset the password:
- Log into ClientZone.
- Click on the ‘Hosting’ tab.
- Select the domain in question.
- Click on 'Website Manager'.
- Click on 'Reset Password'.
Copy the FTP (cPanel) username and password that pop up on your screen.
- How to create an FTP account in CWP