How to install WordPress
You will first need to install the WordPress App via Softaculous in cPanel.
- In Softaculous move your mouse over the Wordpress icon and Click install.
- You will be required to set up the software and fill in the WordPress installation details.
The following details are necessary, the rest of the details you can fill in at your discretion:
Choose Protocol - If your site is using an SSL certificate or not. It is recommended that you have an SSL.
Choose Domain - Select the Domain you want to install your WordPress on from the drop-down menu. This should already be added in your cPanel.
In Directory - Leave this blank to install on the domain directly.
If you are installing a subfolder to your site, eg: a blog, you type the folder name in here. This will make the page load like this: yourdomain.co.za/blogname
Admin Username - Enter your username for your WordPress Dashboard login.
Admin Password - Enter your password for the Dashboard Login.
Admin email - Enter a valid email here. The system will place an invalid email here. You will need to enter a valid one.
- Click install.
- Softaculous will check the info and install the files to your server for WordPress.
You will be notified that is has been installed successfully.
Take note of your administrative URL so that you can edit your site. (yourdomain.co.za/wp-admin)
- Select ‘Return to Overview’.
Here you will find the details of your installation, please note these important details.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed WordPress using Softaculous.
- Select “Publish” to make the website live.