# Get Sorted
Domains / Hosting
or browse the Help Centre by category
How to install WordPress in CWP
If you require further assistance please see How to create an app using Softaculous in CWP for more information.
CWP (CentOS Web Panel) is a Web Hosting control panel that comes with an Afrihost hosting package. CWP was designed for quick and easy management of your server and website.
WordPress is a free and open-source website builder with great plugins and design templates for you to create your own website.
You will need to install WordPress using Softaculous in CWP:
- Log in to ClientZone.
- Select the ‘Hosting tab’.
- Select your domain on the right-hand side.
- Click on ‘Website Manager’.
- Select the ‘Log into Website Manager’ button.
- Now in CWP, select ‘Script installers’ in the menu on the left.
- Then select ‘Softaculous’ below.
- In Softaculous select the ‘WordPress’ icon.
- The WordPress page will open, click ‘Install’ at the top of the page.
You will be required to set up the software and fill in the WordPress installation details.
- Choose Protocol - This is if your site is using an SSL certificate or not. It is recommended that you have an SSL.
- Choose Domain - Select the domain you want to install your WordPress on from the drop-down menu. This should already be added from your control panel.
- In Directory - Leave this blank to install on the domain directly.
- Site Settings - If you are installing a subfolder to your site, eg: a blog, fill in the details of this page under Site Name. The page will load like this: yourdomain.co.za/blogname
- Admin Username - Enter your username for your WordPress dashboard login.
- Admin Password - Enter your password for the dashboard login.
- Admin email - Enter a valid email address.
- Choose a theme at the bottom of the page.
- Click ‘Install’.
- Softaculous will check and propagate the information provided and install the files to your server for WordPress.
- You will be notified that the install was successful.
Take note of the administrative URL so that you can edit your site.
- Congratulations, you have successfully installed WordPress using Softaculous.
You may then select ‘Return to Overview’, where you will find the details of your installation. It is important to take note of these important details in order to access your site in the future for editing.