How to tether or turn your Apple device into a mobile hotspot
You can turn your smart device into a Wi-Fi hotspot which uses your phone’s mobile data to connect other devices such as a phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing your connection like this is called tethering or using a hotspot.
Ensure that the Hotspot APN is set to afrihost before tuning on the hotspot.
Please read our article for more information on Afrihost Mobile Data Settings (APN) for your device.
- Open the ‘Settings’ application from the home screen.
- Select ‘Mobile Data’ under settings.
- Select ‘Mobile Data’ again.
- Scroll to the bottom and make sure the Afrihost APN is set under personal hotspot APN.
- Select back and return to settings page.
- Select ‘Personal Hotspot’.
- Turn on the hotspot by selecting ‘Allow others to join’.
- Set the Wi-Fi password to a secure password of your choice.
Now other devices can search for the Wi-Fi hotspot connection and connect using the set password.
Bandwidth and Data will be shared amongst the connected devices.