Rack Hosting FAQ’s
If you have your own hardware and server admins and just need somewhere to connect and store your hardware, Rack Hosting is what you need.
Server Rack Space Hosting (also is known as Co-location Hosting) is a service whereby, we lease out space in the MTN Gallo Manor Data Centre in one of our Shared, Half, or Full Cabinets.
- My Server - You provide your own server/s and hardware which will be hosted in one of our ‘shared’ cabinets.
- Half Rack - You provide your own server/s and hardware and have exclusivity to half of the cabinet.
- Full Rack - You provide your own server/s and hardware and have exclusivity of the entire cabinet.
No, we do not supply a firewall for Rack Hosting. You would need to supply your own and configure it yourself or get a qualified network engineer/administrator to configure it as required.
- If you have a Full Rack or Half Rack, you can email email@example.com along with your Full Names, ID number, Server Name or Afrihost Account Number, Date and Time you wish to visit, and our team will schedule accordingly and provide you an access code. Upon arrival at the Data Center please ensure you have your original ID book or ID card for verification before being granted access.
- If you have a MyServer package i.e. single server/device in our shared cabinets we will need at least 24 hours' notice so that we can schedule for one of our Server Admins to escort you to the cabinet where your server is hosted. We will need the following criteria to arrange access - Full Names, ID number, Server Name or Afrihost Account Number, Date and Time you wish to visit and our team will schedule accordingly and provide you with an access code. Upon arrival at the Data Center please ensure you have your original ID book or ID card for verification before being granted access.
Your servers will need C13 power connector to connect to our in-rack PDU’s.
- C14 plugs into PDU
- C13 plugs into their server.
No 2 pin or 3 prong plugs, or adaptors can be used in the data centre.
Yes, you will need to supply your own rails for the server to be mounted in the cabinets.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting these additional IP’s and provide the Server name/IP address of the existing account you would like us to allocate this to.
Please send an email to email@example.com in advance with the server’s details.
i.e; Server IP address/name, Server Make/Model, and Serial number if possible so we can book this device out with the data centre controllers.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the server Make/Model and Serial number along with the full names and ID number of the person who will be removing the following hardware from the Data Center. Please ensure that this request comes from the Primary Contacts email address for approval and authorisation. The system will automatically generate a ticket reference which you can then escalate with one of our Whatsapp or call centre support members for your removal to be granted.
You will need to process the cancellation for your rack hosting package via your Afrihost ClientZone. Once the cancellation has been processed please send an email to email@example.com along with the Server IP address/name, Server Make/Model, and Serial number if possible. Please provide a date and time that you wish to remove this equipment along with the Full Names, the ID number of the person who will be going through to remove this equipment.
The costs of power are included in the monthly package and not a separate cost.
If you would like to sign up for a Rack Hosting solutions, please visit our website.