# Get Sorted
or browse the Help Centre by category
How to set up your Huawei WS5200 Fibre Router for a DHCP connection
The Huawei Wi-Fi WS5200 router is the latest addition to the Afrihost Fibre Hardware.
- 1 x 1Gbps WAN port.
- 3 x 1Gbps LAN ports.
- More stability with a dual-core CPU.
- Through walls Wi-Fi technology.
- High-speed multi-user connection.
- The ability to mesh two or more units together.
- Use of the Huawei AI Life smartphone app to connect to your router.
Download the app from the Google Play Store, or Huawei users from the Huawei App Gallery, or iOS users from the Apple App Store.
The Huawei Wi-Fi WS5200 router is compatible with DHCP or PPPoE configuration.
Plug in the power supply adapter to the router and a plug into an electrical power point to power up the router.
- Ensure the CPE is powered up and the lights are showing on the device.
- Connect your Huawei router to the CPE/ONT using an Ethernet/LAN cable.
- The cable must be connected from LAN Port 1 on the ONT to your fibre router’s Internet/WAN port. If you are with TT Connect, use LAN Port 5 of the ONT.
Connect directly via another ethernet/LAN cable from any LAN port on your fibre router to your computer OR connect wirelessly to the router’s network.
The default Wi-Fi password can be found underneath the router.
PPPoE is used for an Openserve and Vodacom connections only. DHCP is used for all the other fibre providers.
DHCP connects by obtaining an IP address and then connects automatically and should not require set up.
PPPoE connects via an ISP and requires a username and password.
- Open your Internet browser and enter the device's IP address to access the router. Enter 192.168.3.1 in the browser's search bar.
- Log in to the router with the password
- The password can be found underneath the router.
- A welcome screen will appear.
- Check the box to accept the user agreement terms.
- Select ‘Let’s get started’.
- Select the ‘Enable auto-update’ button. This will update the router with any available updates available.
The next page will require you to set your Wi-Fi network name & password.
- Activate ‘Priortitze 5 GHz’. This will combine both 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals.
- Enter your desired Wi-Fi network name and Wi-Fi network password.
- Select ‘Next’.
- Activate the ‘Retain Key Settings’ option on the Internet Wizard page. This means the network settings will be saved when reconfiguring the device.
- Network Mode: IPv4 & IPv6
- Select ‘Next’.
- When on the home screen the router configuration will be complete for a DHCP set up.
- The settings will have automatically configured, and a green light will display on the router.
- You can go to the ‘Connect to Internet’ page if you wish to change the settings further.
- Enable ‘Automatically’ to auto-detect the connection type of your network.
- Change as desired and click Save.
- The configuration is now complete.