How to set up your Huawei WS5200 Fibre Router for a PPPoE connection
PPPoE is used for Openserve and Vodacom connections only. DHCP is used for all the other fibre providers.
The Huawei WiFi WS5200 router is compatible with DHCP or PPPoE configuration.
Use of the Huawei AI Life smartphone app to connect to your router.
Plug the power supply adapter into the router and a plug into an electrical power point to power up the router.
Connect the supplied ethernet/LAN cable from LAN Port 1 on the CPE/ONT device (the device that has been mounted on the wall) into the router's WAN/Internet port. Ensure the CPE is powered up and lights are showing on the device.
If you would like to know more about What is a Fibre ONT/ CPE and where should it be installed, please read our Help Centre article for more information.
Connect directly via another ethernet/LAN cable from any LAN port on your fibre router to your computer OR connect wirelessly to the router.
The default WiFi password can be found underneath the router.
DHCP connects by obtaining an IP address and then connects automatically and should not require set up. PPPoE connects via an ISP and requires a username and password.
- Open your Internet browser and enter the device's IP address to access the router. Enter 192.168.3.1 in the browser search bar.
- Log in to the router.
The password can be found underneath the router.
A welcome screen will appear.
- Check the box to accept the user agreement terms.
- Select ‘Let’s get started’.
- Select the ‘Enable auto-update’ button.
The next page will require you to set your Wi-Fi network name & password.
- Activate ‘Priortitze 5 GHz’. This will combine both 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals.
- Enter your desired WiFi network name and WiFi network password.
- Select ‘Next’.
- Activate the ‘Retain Key Settings’ option on the Internet Wizard page. This means the network settings will be saved when reconfiguring the device.
- Network Mode: IPv4 & IPv6
- Select ‘Next’.
- When on the home screen select ‘Connect to Internet’ tab to change settings.
- Enable ‘Automatically’ to auto-detect the connection type of your network.
- Internet Access Mode: PPPoE.
- Broadband account and password - Enter the username and password supplied by Afrihost.
- Service name - leave blank
- MRU - 1492
- MAC Clone - No MAC clone
- Select ‘Save’ to save these settings.
- Log into ClientZone.
- Click on the ‘Connectivity’ tab.
- Select your relevant Fibre package in the right-hand side.
- Click on the ‘View Product’ button.
- Your username is displayed at the top of the panel, below your package.
- To get your password, click on the ‘Access Details’ button.
- Click ‘Reset Password’.
- In the success pop-up window, copy your newly generated password, save it and click ‘Okay’.
- A green light will display on the router once all settings are saved and Internet access is available.
Reconnect to your WiFi with your new network details.