How to sign up for Dedicated Hosting
If your site receives a high volume of traffic, then you probably need a dedicated server.
A dedicated server will help to manage a large load on the server. Security of a dedicated server is better as you are not sharing the server with others; it is your own space and is ideal when dealing with sensitive data.
Dedicated hosting is when your website is hosted on a single server that is dedicated specifically to your website or application. You will not share the resources of the server with anyone else.
Dedicated hosting has two options:
- Afrihost Managed server - Managed means that your server is managed and maintained by Afrihost.
- Self-Managed server - Self-managed means that your server is managed by you, Afrihost only maintains the hardware and installs a base operating system. If you require technical assistance from our team there will be a fee charged.
If you would like to know What is the difference between Shared Hosting and Dedicated / Cloud Hosting? please read our Help Centre articles for assistance.
- Open your internet browser.
- Navigate to www.afrihost.com
- Select the ‘Hosting’ menu at the top of the page and then select ‘Dedicated Server Hosting’.
- Select a server package that suits your server requirements and click ‘Sign Up Now!’
The Hosting order form will load.
- Ensure you select the correct hosting package. A self-managed or managed package.
- Confirm the server specs and add more resources if required.
Select the Server Ram, Web Traffic, Operating system and Static IP you require something different from the default.
Please note! The default option is part of the package, any alternatives chosen may result in an additional charge.
- Enter a unique server name of your choice or accept the one that is generated for you.
- A summary of the cost will display at the bottom. If all is correct select ‘Proceed to Next Step’.
- Log in or create an Afrihost ClientZone account and select ‘Proceed to Next Step’.
- Enter your billing details. Select an existing account or add new payment details.
- Tick the box to confirm you understand and accept the terms and conditions of the signup.
- Select ‘Complete Order’ to process your application.