Reseller web hosting is a type of web hosting. It is a service that is provided by a hosting company such as Afrihost, allocating a certain amount of disk space and bandwidth to a person or business to sell hosting services to third parties for a monthly fee.
The reseller buys the services from the web hosting company at a wholesale price and then resells to third-party clients for a profit.
This solution is ideal for someone who is a web developer, a designer, or someone who wants to have their own business selling web hosting services.
Reseller hosting offers some advantages such as:
- You do not have to maintain the hardware or hosting software yourself.
- Servers are locally hosted for a faster connection.
- You can decide what services you want to offer.
- As a hosting company, you can make money from hosting and creating websites for clients.
- Make independent control panels for each of your clients through WebHost manager.
- You can manage each package from the reseller control panel centre.
You will need to register a new domain with Afrihost or have a pre-existing domain for each account you want to add within the reseller portal. The newly created account and the package must be pointed to the domain. We recommend you register a pointed domain with Afrihost for ease of use and support. You may also use an external domain name hosted outside Afrihost.
If you would like to know How to point a domain read our Help Centre article for assistance.
A reseller buys hosting services from Afrihost and resells it to third-party clients for a profit.
You can sign up for a reseller account via the Afrihost website:
- Navigate to Afrihost.com
- Select ‘Hosting’ from the menu at the top.
- Below select ‘Reseller Hosting’.
- Once on the reseller page scroll down to the reseller package. View the features of the reseller package and select ‘Sign Up Now!’.
- You will be redirected to the Afrihost Order form.
- Confirm your package selection and select ‘Proceed to next step’.
- Sign in with your ClientZone login details if you are an existing client or add details to create an account if you are a new client.
- Enter your payment details and select ‘Complete order’.
- Follow the payment and delivery prompts to complete your order.
If you would like to know How to create an account on a reseller package read our Help Centre article for assistance.