How to eRICA your SIM card
You are no longer required to supply physical RICA documents to the courier upon delivery. Once an order is placed, if RICA is required you will be prompted to upload your RICA documents via ClientZone or the Afrihost Mobile App. This process is called eRICA.
RICA stands for the Regulation of Interception of Communications and provision of communication‑related information Act. It is a law passed by the South African government that requires ALL mobile device users to register their numbers.
The aim of this legislation is to help law enforcement agencies to identify cell phone users and track criminals using cell phones for illegal activities. Afrihost is lawfully required to RICA every Afrihost SIM Card with the required RICA documents before delivery.
Orders that require to be RICA’d will only be packed and dispatched once your RICA documents have been uploaded and verified. Please ensure to keep your RICA information up to date to avoid delivery delays.
- A photo of yourself alongside your ID (a selfie).
- A scan of your South African ID or foreign passport.
- A scan of a valid proof of residence (not older than 3 months).
- South African ZA Green Barcoded ID book or Smart Card + a copy.
- South African ZA Passport + a copy.
- Foreign passport + a copy (including any supporting documents).
- Bank Statement or Municipal Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Cellphone or Retail Account (not older than 3 months).
- Any document that is issued on a monthly basis, that is not older than 90 days, containing one’s residential address and name.
Once you have uploaded all three documents, we will verify them. When the verification process is complete your order will be prepared and dispatched to you. We will keep the RICA contract valid for 3 months. If you place another RICA order within the 3 months, there will be no need to RICA the order, speeding up the process.
If you would like to know How to manage your RICA information via ClientZone, please read our Help Centre article.
If you would like to know How to manage your RICA information in the Afrihost Mobile App, please read our Help Centre article.