# Get Sorted
or browse the Help Centre by category
No Fibre internet access
- Consult our Network Status page to check if there is a network outage in your area affecting your connectivity.
- Check if the internet/status/broadband/PON/ LOS light (depending on the vendor) is lit on the ONT device. If they are not on or red, you will need to contact our support team to log a fault.
- Disconnect the CPE/ONT’s power supply. Wait about 10 - 20 minutes for the ONT’s internal cache to clear. Reconnect the CPE/ONT’s to the power supply.
- Ensure that the LAN cable connection between your router and ONT is securely in the correct ports.
- Test if your router may be the cause of the issue. Unplug your router completely and connect your computer directly into the ONT with a LAN cable in the 1st LAN port of the ONT. Try to access activate.afrihost.com from your laptop computer once plugged directly into the ONT. If you are able to connect to the internet successfully, plug your router back into the ONT.
If you would like to know more about What is a Fibre ONT/ CPE and where should it be installed?, please read our Help Centre article for more information.
- You may be connected to a faulty port.
- A Fibre optic cable can bend, twist, or wind causing a disconnection.
- The cable may be stretched which will result in damage to the cable.
- The cable connectors may not be fitted properly.
- Some problems may not be immediately evident to the naked eye especially when the Fibre cable is damaged internally.
- If the lights on the CPE/ONT are not on, there could be a problem with the device or link.
ONT stands for Optical Network Terminal. CPE stands for Customer Premises Equipment and they perform the same function. The ONT / CPE device is usually placed on a wall at the premises when fibre is installed.
It connects to the termination point (TP) via an optical cable which will connect you to the fibre network, and it connects to your fibre router via a LAN / Ethernet cable.
If you are experiencing slow speeds, please read our Slow Fibre speeds article for some troubleshooting tips.
If you require further assistance please see the various Afrihost Help Support Channels available to you.